Dec 10, 2020
Dec 10, 2021
About this Course
The course presents the concept of environmental flows (EF) for freshwater biodiversity and livelihoods, explains methods of EF assessment, and reviews existing EF-related national and global policy documents and processes.
What you will learn
After completing the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the science behind the concept of EF.
- Become familiar with existing approaches for EF assessment.
- Become familiar with existing national and global EF-related policies.
Specific knowledge and skills gained:
- Key concepts underpinning Flood forecasting and early warning.
- International efforts in flood risk mitigation through FEWS.
The course can be a component of a relevant full M Sc.-level study program. It can be also useful for i) water practitioners engaged in continuing learning and for ii) policy actors in developing countries who need a first and general exposure to the EF concept.
Meet the instructors